We used to go very fast. Then we got burnt out

We used to be the faster craftswomen. Till we slowed down.
Now, I'm blogging about sustainable artistic processes at: www.illustratedguidetolife.com

The Honourable Society of Faster Craftswomen

Writing, drawing, audio, animations and theatre by Laura Eades and co

Rob Marr and Cara Sebastian: goosebumps in Berlin

Thank you for an electrifying gig you two uniquely talented performers! Heartfelt, personal, carried-away music reminded me how spine-tingling live performance can be.  

Smoky cellar bar, some old brown velvet curtains as backdrop, a red light - the whole kind of bombed-out dirty-brothel vibe you'd hope from a Berlin gig. 

Images from the narrative songs, as lyrically alive as poems or short stories, drift in and out of my head today; little pictures washed up on the shore of my mind: pubic hair and money and melting snow and a bleeding ear. 

Don't worry, I'm not in a rush to create another performance myself, despite the inspiration. But seeing them immersed in what they were doing on stage, and hearing their words, something was restored to me. 

Find their Europe tour, and more, here; also Rob Marr's facebook page, and Cara Sebastian's facebook page.