We used to go very fast. Then we got burnt out

We used to be the faster craftswomen. Till we slowed down.
Now, I'm blogging about sustainable artistic processes at: www.illustratedguidetolife.com

The Honourable Society of Faster Craftswomen

Writing, drawing, audio, animations and theatre by Laura Eades and co

100 hours of novel-editing in one month in Berlin

If you haven't heard from me for a while, I've been doing a novel-editing marathon! 

The wins: 

  • I've been spending time in some lovely places, and really enjoyed myself! Like this cafe in Hufelandstrasse, Prenzlauer Berg. Also, a treehouse in a children's playground, and my writing desk at home (pic below).
  • I worked my way through 4 chapters (about a quarter of the novel) - so I now I know I have to allow 300 more hours!
  • I kept running, and ran 10K
  • I've lost a stone. Only minor bad behaviour with a bag of nuts and a box of chocolates in the final days




The hurdles:
  • We haven't had any internet connection at home, or phone line, and so I've become hopelessly disconnected from everyone - apologies
  • I've forgotten all the German I learnt before this month started
  • Too many espresso macchiatos


Now I know a few more things about the creative process, and can plan the next one better! (Two weeks, then a healthy week, then two more - that's as long as I can last before entering caffeine hyperspace)