We used to go very fast. Then we got burnt out

We used to be the faster craftswomen. Till we slowed down.
Now, I'm blogging about sustainable artistic processes at: www.illustratedguidetolife.com

The Honourable Society of Faster Craftswomen

Writing, drawing, audio, animations and theatre by Laura Eades and co

Day 15 – plot trouble, and snot trouble

I'm 30,000 words in, and I'm having plot trouble, and am full of cold too.

The day before yesterday I had one of those great experiences when the plot kind of appears on the page as if by magic. Wow! But not all of it, sadly.

Yesterday I was hoping it would happen again, so I just wrote plot outlines. If I wait, I fear, my characters will get lost in the detail and never take any action at all. But it didn't magically appear. I'm sort of shuffling and reshuffling. But I am enjoying my godlike view over them all. (Blows nose) Ha ha ha haaaa! Sniff.

My main problem is my plots are pretty dark. And I'm not crazy about reading too much darkness in novels. I'm too easily infected; find it too hard to hold onto the light; I crave redemption, and uplift. And clear airways.

Wish these things for me, this week. Keep breathing, people.