We used to go very fast. Then we got burnt out

We used to be the faster craftswomen. Till we slowed down.
Now, I'm blogging about sustainable artistic processes at: www.illustratedguidetolife.com

The Honourable Society of Faster Craftswomen

Writing, drawing, audio, animations and theatre by Laura Eades and co

Day 8 - a duvet day for the writer

It's been a week since I started writing a novel-in-a-month and I'm 18,000 words up, which is nicely on track.

So, how's the vicious circle (caffeine, wine, cake, lack of exercise, lack of fresh air, fingerpicking?). Good on the first, rubbish on the rest. The erosion has begun, subtly, out of habit.

Where has my virtuous circle gone? (exercise, getting up early, proper relaxation times, low-gi food, drawing, keeping in touch with the people I love)? These all actually support the creative process.

A day off to focus on getting back on track. Maybe even back on the track, if I find the right music to run to.